For the 2014-2015 crop year, the Canadian Grain Commission is launching an online producer car application.
The Canadian Grain Commission encoutages producers who admnister their own produce cars to register to use the online application at www.grainscanada.gc.ca/services-services/cars-wagons/pcm-mwp-eng.htm.
The R.M. of Pense office will be closed Fridays in July and August. Our summer office hours are as follows:
Monday - Thursday,
9:00 a.m. - 12 noon & 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Have a great summer!
- SARM administering program (in the form of rebate).
- Funding provided by Sask Ministry of Agriculture and Federal Government under Growing Forward 2, in the amount of $800,000
Who is eligible?
- RMs - 100% of herbicide cost on public land.
- Producers - 50% of herbicide cost on private land for control of noxious weeds.
- - 100% of herbicide cost on private land for control of prohibited weeds.
- Must have an approved Invasive Plant Management Plan/Environmental Farm Plan (individually or under the RM's plan).
- Applicants are required to use a licensed applicator (farmers can apply pesticide to his/her own land).
- Noxious weeds: Leafy Spurge, Russian Knapweed, Common Tansy, Yellow Toadflax plus all prohibited weeds. Note: Scentless Chamomile and Canada Thistle are not eligible.
- Claims submitted to RM Office by landowners: prior to October 31, 2014.
- Claims submitted to SARM by RMs: October 31, 2014.
- Target date for dispersal of funds from SARM to RMs: March 31, 2015.
Please call the RM office for more information.
There are three roads within the R.M. of Pense that are closed until further notice due to flooding:
1)Center Road between Broadway Road and the Keystown Road
2) the 10 Mile Road for 1 mile, West of the Kalium Road
3) Zinn Road, for 1 mile, South of northern boundary of the R.M.
Private Wells that are Impacted by Flood Water
This advisory applies to all users of private wells that have been impacted by flood waters.